How do you know how well you’re coping with cancer…especially if you haven’t had it before? You can find out how you’re coping by talking to a professional or by taking the assessment below.
- Do you often feel like you’re embarking on unknown territory, like your life feels different than it has ever been, and you’re not sure what to do next?
- Do you feel as though everything is constantly changing inside you and around you and you’re not sure where to turn?
- Do you feel as though things are out of control and overwhelming?
- Do you find that you are having a hard time controlling the constant worry, fear, or sadness?
- Do you find yourself on a big “emotional rollercoaster?”
- Do you frequently feel alone and alienated from others because they can’t understand what you’re going through?
- Do you try to deal with your problems all on your own or find that you have stopped talking to people about what you’re going through?
- Are you unable to distract yourself or enjoy things you used to enjoy because you’re thinking about cancer?
- Do you sometimes feel like you’re “going crazy?”
- Do you wish you had someone to talk to that you could be completely honest with about your feelings and thoughts?
If you answered “yes” to even one or two of these questions, you could probably use some support and I’d love to help. Because I’ve “been there,” I’ve had cancer myself, I can understand what you’re going through in a way that well-meaning others may not be able to. Please contact me to set up your free 15-minute phone consultation by calling 207-773-1143 or emailing at dawn @ awakeningcounseling.com.
This experience can be easier… don’t wait another day to get support.
Note: Persistent and excessive sadness, hopelessness, feelings of worthlessness, anger, worry, or withdrawal can be signs of depression or anxiety. Even if you’re not sure whether or not you are experiencing depression or anxiety, you can talk to your doctor or a counselor about it. These conditions can be treated successfully. To get a better idea about whether or not you might be experiencing depression or anxiety, take these assessments here on my website:
If, after taking these checklists, you suspect that you are experiencing anxiety or depression, contact a professional right away. It can be a good idea to print off these checklists and talk to the professional about the symptoms you are experiencing.
These are problems that I can help with, so please contact me for your free 15-minute phone consultation, by calling 207-773-1143 or emailing at dawn[at]awakeningcounseling.com.